Monday, May 11, 2009

My Wonderful Mother's Day

I had the best weekend! Friday Jamie came home and we went to Wal-Mart and had a lovely lunch together. We went to my Mom's that night at the beach and went out to eat Low Country Boil and crab legs....YUM! Saturday we rented a carpet cleaner and Jamie cleaned the carpet in THE WHOLE HOUSE even though I had just asked him to do the living room. WHAT A GUY! He also mowed the lawn and blew off the roof and cleaned the gutters. Then we ate BLT's and watched Madagascar 2 with Marissa before bed.

Sunday we went to church, and made our official membership move to the church we have been attending. It is the most alive, invigorating, inspiring worship I have ever experienced! It feels good to be a part of something again. I didn't like being a nomadic church goer while we visited, but it was important to find the place that God truly wanted us to be.

After church Jamie and Marissa cooked dinner for me, my Mom and Papa. It was so wonderful! They made grilled chicken, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, fresh corn on the cob (which Marissa shucked and silked) salad and a wonderful chocolate cake. Jamie makes this cake that has been named the Bulldog cake because he started making it when he was on Tug Bulldog at his job, and he passed the secrets on to Marissa. It was all so wonderful!

I think this was by far my best Mother's Day ever!!!!!!!!!




1 comments:

Debbie said...

I agree it was the most wonderful Mother's Day for me also, only way it would have been better is if I could have spent it with Mom and you! I love you and can't wait to see you in June!!!!!!!