Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bloggy Direction


I am in a funk.
I am in a funk with blogging, scrapbooking, and most heartbreaking of all, cooking.

I love to do all these things, but somehow, I just have no motivation to do ANY of them. Is it the back to school thing? Is it the heat? Is it my mounting sleep deficit?

I am trying to rationalize why I do the things that I do. I cook because I love to eat, I love to see my family enjoy a meal together, I love to try new recipes and see how they work out and it is something that comes easy to me. I truly love to cook and bake, and have been doing so since I was about 8 or 10. But in recent days, more often than not, it has been a lot of sandwiches and take out pizza.

I love to scrapbook. I have scrapbooked since my daughter was 2, so over 11 years now all total. I have a room all to myself to work in, and I have tons of happy supplies that need to be used before they dry rot.  I love preserving memories for future generations, and I have boxes of great pictures. I used to walk by the door to my scrapbook room and hear the paper, ribbons, and adhesives call to me....."COME PLAY!!!!!!!!!"......now all I see is my cat sleeping on my desk and the vacuum parked in front of my sewing machine.

And blogging? I used to feel like I could write every day. I used to have something witty and/or funny to say, or something that seemed worthwhile to share quite often. Now? I just feel like blogging is another thing on my to-do list.

So what about you? Do you blog? Sew? Scrapbook? Work out? Knit? What is your passion? Why do you do the things that you do, and what KEEPS you doing them?

5 comments:

Marissa said...

I love when you cook. I am glad that i love cooking and i got it from you. Your scrapbooks are amazing! You inspire me everyday. I love you mom.

Anonymous said...

This is a very sweet comment from your daughter :)

I too am in a funk lately. I still write every day because it helps me process things, but all the other things I usually love have gone by the wayside. I think I'm just TIRED. When I'm tired, I lack motivation. Maybe all you need is a good long sleep?

Unknown said...

Sooo, I will be cutting and pasting this post on MY blog.
So identify...

lillinda said...

Burn out, stressed out or just plain tired. They all contribute to writers block. Sometimes you just have to do something else for awhile. It'll come back, just give it time.

Debbie said...

Girl, you should never give up on what you are so good at. I wish I had the ability you do to scrapbook and the TIME to blog, etc the way you do. You are amazing, please keep up the good work.