Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cake Baking Contest!

My Mom's church on Tybee had a cake baking contest this past Sunday night and Marissa and my Mom both entered. My mom made this delicious cake that she has made since I was a kid. It is a lemon cake with a lemon pudding frosting. YUM YUM YUM! Marissa made a pineapple upside down cake, all from scratch! No mix here! Although she didn't win a prize, she did get paid a very high compliment. The lady shown with Marissa (with the red hair) told Marissa that she had lost her Mom in 1987, and that her Mom's pineapple upside down cake was her favorite. She went on to say that until she had Marissa's cake Sunday night, she had never tasted another pineapple upside down cake as good as her Mom's. Marissa was thrilled, and we all had a lot of fun eating all of the cakes that entered. Ooooo.....I am still swole up.....




3 comments:

Cecile said...

Awww...So sweet..Now thats a scrapbook moment!!
How's school going so far??Good I hope!!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! What a great experience for Marissa! Can I be the judge next time??? I want some of her cake....she's sure to win in my book anyday!!

Stephanie Napier said...

Hey! WOW I cant believe how much you and your mom really look alike!! Never realized it before lol!! Congrats to Sweet Marissa!!