Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St Paddy's day......it is here again. Here in the big city of Savannah we celebrated the holiday on today, the 14th, this year instead of Monday the 17th. The main reason it was changed was that Monday is smack in the middle of Holy Week, and I suppose all of the partying and reveling and merry making would not be appropriate during such a reverent time. However, I can't help but think that someone had some dollar signs in their eyes when the thought about how the tourists would flock in on Friday,and then stay and party through the weekend. Pretty smart way to milk the tourist dollars huh?

So, as usual, we avoided the parade. Jamie headed back to work on the boat this morning, and Marissa and I joined my Bible study group at lake Mayer for a picnic. It was a lot of fun, although it was quite chilly. The forecast said it would be 80 degrees today, so I foolishly believed the forecast and put Marissa in shorts and a t-shirt. I myself even wore a pair of capri pants, blinding all of the people in a three county radius with my glaringly white legs. But guess what? My legs did not stay white long, they quickly turned three shades of blue because it was freezing cold out there! Something was wrong with the weather today. Didn't the sun know it was supposed to be out and making things warm? Didn't all those clouds know they were not supposed to be up there blocking the rays? Didn't the wind know it was supposed to settle itself down and not blow more than a slight breeze? I mean, come on! The forecasters must have told them what to do right?

But in spite of the frigid wind and sub-zero feeling temps, (HA) we had a great time. This is one group of ladies that I am so thankful to be a part of. I am absolutely PRIVILEGED to say that these ladies are my friends. Thanks girls, we had a blast! :)

1 comments:

Cecile said...

Your St.Patricks Day plans sounds alot better than fighing the crowds in downtown Savannah..We never do the parade anymore It only took us one parade trip to decide it was not for us!! It's all about Drinking too much alchhol and over priced stuff:))
We took Cole to the Zoo in Columbia and the temp was rather cool there too but we still had fun! I am glad you had fun with your friends too!!
Take care.
Cecile