Monday, March 10, 2008

Kumquats




I was delighted when my Pastor gave me a whole big gigantic bag of kumquats last fall. I was a bit overwhelmed, I wasn't quite sure what to do with them, but I was thrilled! I began searching for recipes, and I made several batches of marmalade and kumquat bread. I was so impressed with myself that I also put up several quarts of kumquat puree in my freezer to use later. I found a recipe for a kumquat cream pie that uses the puree, Cool Whip and heavy cream. I thought that would be WONDERFUL in the hot sticky summer time! But really....I thought my attraction to kumquats was rare..........
UNTIL TODAY!
I went onto the Martha Stewart blog today. It is listed on my page under "blogs I stalk" just FYI. I was so happy when I saw her lengthy blog about, you guessed it...KUMQUATS!!!!
I just can't believe it! I think I stumbled onto a "good thing"! hee hee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I giggle a little every time I hear that word...yes indeed, I AM a fifteen year old boy! ;) Kumquat...hee heee..

Cecile said...

You silly girl!!! I am glad you are enjoying your kumquats and being so domestic..Martha is COOL!!Take care!!
Cecile

Amanda Phillips said...

Ahhh Jamie stole my thought..or is it "great dirty minds"? Just love that word....

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love kumquats (no dirty mind here) Seriously, I could eat them all day!!
You're in good Company!!